New Heroes Arise
A dwarven hold cut from the rock of a deep vale in the Dawnforge Mountains, Hammerfast is the largest and wealthiest town in the region. The Trade Road runs through the citadel gates and continues eastward beyond the Dawnforge Mountains.
- Population: 4,430; another few hundred live in scattered homes throughout the nearby mountains. The population is mostly dwarves, though a small community of dragonborn resides in the city as well. No eladrin or elves reside in Hammerfast, but members of all races pass through.
- Government: Hammerfast is governed by a council of masters, each the leaders of one of the town’s powerful guilds. The current High Master is the leader of the merchant guild, a dwarf named Marsinda Goldspinner.
- Defense: The Hammerfast Defenders number around 100 warriors or so, whose main job is to patrol the Trade Road and keep an eye on the deeper caverns and passages. Trouble from below is rare, but better safe than sorry say the dwarves.
- Inns: Currently unimportant (feel free to suggest some)
- Taverns: Currently unimportant (feel free to suggest some)
- Supplies: Currently unimportant (feel free to suggest some)
- Temples: Forge of the Dawn (Moradin); Platinum Shield (Bahamut)