New Heroes Arise
Human as Monster
Medium natural humanoid
Humans are the most diverse humanoid race in appearance, habits, outlook, motivations, and talents. Human settlements are found in every terrain and climate, from the depths of tropical jungles to the frozen polar wastes.
If humans have a failing, its their corruptibility. Although they are capable of great achievements and tremendously noble acts, they are also easily overcome by greed and the promise of power.
- Nature DC 15 – Humans are a scattered and divided people. They inhabit kingdoms, fiefdoms, and isolated settlements throughout the world, expanding their influence, exploring the darkest frontiers, and making war against their rivals.
- Battle Fury – after being wounded, berserkers lash out
- Free attack when first bloodied, +4 to hit and 1d6 additional damage
- Encountered In: Session Seventeen
- Mob Rule – in numbers, human rabble can be very dangerous
- +2 power bonus to all defenses while within 5 squares of two or more other human rabble
- Encountered In: Session Four
- Kalarel (Session Seventeen)
- Rod of Ruin – 2d6 + 4 damage plus ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends)
- Decaying Ray – Ranged 10; 1d6 + 4 necrotic damage and weakened (save ends)
- Call of the Grave – Ranged 5, ongoing necrotic only; immobilized for one turn
- Unlife to Life – Close burst 5; undead allies heal 5 hit points and can shift 3
- Orcus Underpriest (Session Seventeen)
- Shadow Curse – Ranged 5; 2d8 + 8 necrotic damage, and -2 AC for a turn
- Infuse with Shadow – grants an ally +5 on attack rolls and 10 hit points
- Death Attack – before dying, the underpriest makes a basic attack
- Closer to Orcus – while bloodied, +2 on melee attack rolls and +3 to melee damage rolls
- Blessing of Orcus – aura 10; allies in the aura gain Death Attack