New Heroes Arise
Sehanine Lovegiver, The Silent Eye, She Who Laughs Last
Goddess of the moon and autumn, Sehanine is the patron of trickery and illusions. She has close ties to Corellon and Melora and is a favorite deity among elves and halflings. She is also the goddess of love, who sends shadows to cloak lovers’ trysts. Scouts and thieves ask for her blessing on their work. Her teachings are simple:
- Follow your goals and seek your own destiny
- Keep to the shadows, avoiding the blazing light of zealous good and the utter darkness of evil
- Seek new horizons and new experiences, and let nothing tie you down
- Changing of the Leaves (17 Reaping)
- Day of Sun and Moon (varies)
- Full Moon – When the moon is full, the followers of Sehanine usually gather outdoors for quiet festivities – food and drink, dancing, perhaps poetry or song. Nothing is formally set, but during the nights when the moon shines brightest, one will often encounter small groups basking in their goddess’s sight.
- New Moon – When the moon is dark, however, the festivities are not as mundane. Often pairs of young lovers sneak out to some secluded spot, aided by the lack of moonlight, to take advantage of the shadows provided by the Lovegiver. When wandering through forested areas near settlements, one is advised to proceed carefully, lest one trip over an amorous couple.