New Heroes Arise
A monster’s origin summarizes its place in the world’s cosmology. Origins are:Aberrant
- Aberrant creatures are native to or strongly corrupted by the distant alien plane known as the Far Realms. Many aberrant creatures have tentacles, eyestalks, or other strange physical characteristics.
- Elemental creatures are native to the Elemental Chaos or the Abyss. They are strongly tied to elemental energies or substances.
- Fey creatures are native to the Feywild.
- Immortal creatures are native to the Astral Sea. They include angels, devils, and other creatures with strong ties to the gods. They do not age or die of natural causes.
- Natural creatures are native to the natural world – the world of humans, dwarves, elves, halflings, and dragons. Most natural creatures breathe, eat, and sleep. Natural creatures with the construct or undead keyword are exceptions.
- Shadow creatures are native to the Shadowfell.