New Heroes Arise
Medium to Large natural beast (spider)
Stealthy killers hungry for blood, monstrous spiders haunt the dark places of the world. The largest of these giant arachnids are the size of elephants and devour anything in their path.
Monstrous spiders can be found in almost any environment – dark forests, sandy deserts, dank caverns, Underdark passages, or even along the gloomy border of the Shadowfell and in the deep rifts of the Elemental Chaos.
- Nature DC 15 – Spiders are sacred to the evil goddess Lolth. Long ago, before she became the Demon Queen of Spiders, Lolth was a deity of fate who wove the strands of mortal destiny; it’s said she creates the art of weaving after watching spiders make their webs.
- Climb speed – spiders can movealong horizontal and vertical surfaces easily
- Tremorsense – spiders can “feel” the movements of their prey, usually in webs but often through the ground as well
- Poisonous Bite – deathjump spiders inject their prey with venom
- Target slowed and takes ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends both)
- Death from Above – deathjump spiders enjoy leaping onto their prey
- Shifts 6 squares and attacks, dealing an extra 1d6 damage and knocking the target prone
- Prodigious Leap – deathjump spiders can jump amazing distances
- Encounter; shift up to 10 squares
- Encountered In: Session Nine