New Heroes Arise
- Population: 977, including those in the few miles surrounding the village. Predominantly human, with a scattering of dwarf families, and a handful of individuals of other common races, including a couple of elves.
- Government: Ernest Padraig, the Lord of Winterhaven, is descended from the noble family that ruled the area under edict of the old empire. Folks around Winterhaven were happy with Lord Padraig’s father’s authority, and they have found answering to the rules of the new lord no more arduous. On the other hand, Padraig doesn’t have absolute power. For instance, he has been unable to raise a force from among the villagers to deal with the kobold problem on the road.
- Defense: Padraig commands the Winterhaven Regulars, a core group of ten soldiers who perform guard and police functions in and around the walled portion of the village. The Regulars patrol in pairs. To augment this force, Padraig can muster a group of about fifty civilians, given a day’s notice. However, he can only do this if the village itself is threatened – the villagers have no desire to patrol the road beyond the farms.
- Inns: Wrafton’s Inn
- Supplies: Market Square; village smithy; Bairwin’s Grand Shoppe
- Taverns: Wrafton’s Inn
- Temples: Winterhaven Village Temple (Avandra)